Thursday 16 December 2010

Kitty Karlisle and Love every morning


Lamentations 3:22 and 23
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."


I just love those two verses. I am having a hard time putting into words what I want to say. I don't know if there are words.

Here is an idea.

«My dad is an Insurance man so he has an office downtown in Alliance, and a few weeks ago a two little kittens showed up at the front door of the office asking for board and room, well they weren't asking but you know what I mean. Well one little kitten didn't want to stay so he split but the other one decided to become the mascot of State Farm Insurance of Alliance. We call her Kitty Karlisle and she lives at the office. As I sit in the middle room typing Kitty decides she wants to climb up my leg using her claws to their fullest abilities. Earlier she also decided that my green scarf I got in Italy would be a wonderful toy to chew and claw at. She walks across my computer keys, swipes at my hand when I go to pet her and nibbles on my fingers if she gets annoyed.»

But for as much as she annoys me, scratches me or puts holes in my practically irreplaceable italian scarves, I just cannot be mad at her. She's just to darn cute. Each day when I come to the office I hurry back to the kitchen where she lives to scoop her up and act like a complete idiot as I talk to her in a baby voice and hold her to my face.

If I was a kitten and God was a human, that's how it would be.

The crazy thing is, God's love is even stronger. We are not just kittens to him, we are his children, his bride. Every single morning He loves us just as much as ever, no matter what we did the day before. Every morning He never fails.

I wonder how many times I have swiped at God's hands as they have tried to hold me, how many times I have scratched Him as he has tried to protect me, or bring me back to where I belong. How many beautifully soft scarves have I ruined?

But He still loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment